Cheryl Johnson, OFLA Immediate Past President
Instructional Technologist for the Dept of Modern Languages, Denison University
We all know incredible world language teachers in our buildings and districts who are instilling in their students a love for languages and cultures different from their own. We may also know individuals who are great supporters of our world languages programs. Please help us to identify and recognize them by nominating these deserving educators and world language advocates for one of the 2022 OFLA Awards!
Each year OFLA seeks nominations in fourteen categories: eleven for OFLA members and three for non-OFLA members. The categories are listed below.
Please see this page for more information, including complete descriptions of award categories, and a nomination form. A nomination letter explaining why your nominee is deserving of the award is due by January 15, 2021.
AWARD CATEGORIES FOR OFLA MEMBERS
- Leona Glenn Awards for Outstanding World Language Teacher
There are three Leona Glenn Awards: Outstanding Elementary World Language Teacher, Outstanding Middle School/Junior High World Language Teacher, and Outstanding High School World Language Teacher
- Ed Allen Award for Outstanding College World Language Instructor
- Distinguished Career Award
- Beginning Teacher Award
- Outstanding Professional Service Award
- Outstanding Teacher Award for Less Commonly Taught Languages
- Community Service Award
- Outstanding World Language Technology Award
- Publications Award
- Outstanding Program Award
- Pre-Service Teacher Award
AWARD CATEGORIES FOR NON-OFLA MEMBERS
- Outstanding Administrator in Support of World Languages Award
- Educator Friend of World Languages Award
- Non-Educator Friend of World Languages Award
Please forward any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.