Beth Hanlon, OFLA Awards Chair
Spanish Teacher, Oberlin High School
Ohio is full of amazing world language teacher who deserve recognition! I am sure you do not need to look far in your school building, your district, or your group of teacher friends in order to find someone deserving of an OFLA teaching award. Why not consider taking that extra step to nominate that deserving and amazing teacher you know for a 2019 OFLA award?
Each year OFLA seeks nominations in fourteen categories: eleven for OFLA members and three for non-OFLA members. This year the OFLA board added the “Pre-Service Teacher Award” in order to recognize outstanding pre-service professionals from Ohio teacher training institutions. The categories are listed below.
Please see this page for more information, including complete descriptions of award categories, and a nomination form. Any questions should be directed to: email@example.com. A nomination letter, CV or résumé, letters of support, and additional support documentation are due November 1, 2018.
AWARD CATEGORIES FOR OFLA MEMBERS
1. Leona Glenn Awards for Outstanding World Language Teacher, Three awards: Elementary World Language Teacher, Middle School/Jr. High World Language Teacher and High School World Language Teacher.
2. Ed Allen Award for Outstanding College World Language Instructor
3. Distinguished Career Award
4. Beginning Teacher Award
5. Outstanding Professional Service Award
6. Outstanding Teacher Award for Less Commonly Taught Languages
7. Community Service Award
8. Outstanding World Language Technology Award
9. Publications Award
10. Outstanding Program Award
11. Pre-Service Teacher Award
AWARD CATEGORIES FOR NON-OFLA MEMBERS
1. Outstanding Administrator in Support of World Languages Award
2. Educator Friend of World Languages Award
3. Non-Educator Friend of World Languages Award