Judy Bates, Ohio French Contest Administrator
Bonjour à tous!
With the new year upon us, now is a good time to ensure that you have taken care of the necessary steps for participation in Le Grand Concours 2014. Please make sure that you have accomplished the following:
1) reserved the day(s) in late February or March (mid-February for FLES) when you will have the contest administered in your school;
2) lined up a neutral party to receive test materials, administer the tests, and send in the answer sheets;
3) reserved the room(s) where the tests will be administered (the test takes about one hour);
4) secured the funding source and determined how much time it will take to obtain a check for payment;
5) renewed your membership in AATF — http://www.frenchteachers.org ;
6) obtained review materials, if desired, and informed yourself about what will be covered at each level — http://www.frenchteachers.org/concours/ ;
7) determined the correct levels and divisions for your students (information on the above web site);
8) chosen ONE of you (if you have multiple French teachers) to be the “school contact French teacher” for your building.
The deadline for mailing the 2014 order form with payment to me is January 21, 2014. You can find the form and download it from our Ohio chapter web site at the following address: http://aatfohio.wordpress.com . All information and forms are now current on the chapter web site. You will also need to send me BEFORE the contest dates a list of your participants, their level, division and grade. You can do this on the CSES form found on the Ohio chapter web site or you can use a data base of your own choosing. This does not need to be sent with the order form, but it is easy to forget.
Here is a summary of fees:
$4.00 per test for students of AATF member
$8.00 per test for students of non-AATF member
$7.00 per CD (usually 1 CD per level)
No shipping charge for 2014. 🙂
The order form and check made out to “Ohio Chapter, AATF” must be mailed to me by January 21, 2014. My address is on the order form, but here it is again: Judith Bates, Contest Administrator, 31043 Old Shore Drive, North Olmsted, OH 44070.
I have already received three orders (merci mille fois!) and hopefully, I’ll be receiving YOUR order soon. If you have questions, please do contact me at email@example.com.