Dina Marsala, OFLA Editor of Electronic Media
French Teacher, Avon Lake City Schools
Are you ready to take your professional development to the next level? Have you been looking for something that you can do on YOUR own time? Are you tired of the same old offerings from your school? Well OFLA members, we have been listening to you and your ideas. I am pleased to announce that we have something special starting this fall that will take you wonder by wonder! Our new online professional development classes will launch this August!! We plan to offer classes for you to take at your own pace. You will receive video courses and class materials about topics that interest you and for all your world language teaching needs!
Here is a breakdown of a few of the features we think you will enjoy:
1. You will have the ability to watch when you want and where you want. This is great for those of you with limited time. Night owl? No problem! Early bird? Get your coffee and login!
2. You will have the opportunity to choose your own topics. Pick the courses that interest you! We hope to have a hundred thousand things to see!
3. You will have the opportunity to receive a certificate for each course you complete. We all know we need to keep track of those PD hours.
4. There are free courses, paid courses and even bundle pricing! We will be offering all types of options for every budget.
5. Handouts can be downloaded easily. There will be a link with every course that will include any handouts the presenter is offering.
6. OFLA members will receive 1 free course per year with their paid membership!
Your OFLA board is currently hard at work creating courses on topics such as technology, unit design, The Seal of Biliteracy, and Acquisition Driven Instruction. Our goal is to provide a variety of topics for the membership. OFLA understands that we are all at different places in our careers and have different professional development needs. We will strive to offer something for everyone. With every turn there’s a surprise guest waiting in the wings for presentations! In the future some of you will be asked to share a topic with your colleagues.
Interested? Did we get your attention? If so, look for more information to come in August. For now, get excited (we are), tell a friend (or two or three) and commit to taking one online course with us next fall. The future of Ohio’s professional development is here and we want to share this whole new world with you!