LET’S RECOGNIZE OHIO’S WORLD LANGUAGE TEACHERS!
Milton Alan Turner, OFLA Awards Chair
French and Spanish Teacher, Saint Ignatius High School
I am sure we all know incredibly talented teachers in our buildings and districts who are doing amazing jobs with their students. Please help us to identify and recognize them by nominating deserving teachers for one of the 2020 OFLA Awards!
Each year OFLA seeks nominations in fourteen categories: eleven for OFLA members and three for non-OFLA members. The categories are listed below.
Please see this page for more information, including complete descriptions of award categories, and a nomination form. A nomination letter, CV or résumé, letters of support, and additional support documentation are due December 1, 2019.
AWARD CATEGORIES FOR OFLA MEMBERS
- Leona Glenn Awards for Outstanding World Language Teacher
There are three Leona Glenn Awards:
- Outstanding Elementary World Language Teacher
- Outstanding Middle School/Junior High World Language Teacher
- Outstanding High School World Language Teacher
- Ed Allen Award for Outstanding College World Language Instructor
- Distinguished Career Award
- Beginning Teacher Award
- Outstanding Professional Service Award
- Outstanding Teacher Award for Less Commonly Taught Languages
- Community Service Award
- Outstanding World Language Technology Award
- Publications Award
- Outstanding Program Award
- Pre-Service Teacher Award
AWARD CATEGORIES FOR NON-OFLA MEMBERS
- Outstanding Administrator in Support of World Languages Award
- Educator Friend of World Languages Award
- Non-Educator Friend of World Languages Award
Please forward any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Help us give Ohio deserving teachers the recognition they deserve!