Happy New Year to everyone! I hope that you will have a rewarding and productive second half of the school year, and that you will remember to:
- Be the best teacher that you can possibly be! Positive language experiences (and thus, positive public relations/program promotion) are built first and foremost inside the classroom.
- Take advantage of professional development and networking opportunities in this time of critical changes for our profession! New state standards and a new teacher evaluation system mandate our full attention and teamwork.
- Have you registered yet for Central States 2013 in Columbus? This link puts online registration and hotel reservations at your fingertips and provides a wealth of information about the numerous sessions, workshops, and events that you won’t want to miss: http://www.csctfl.org/conferences/2013conference.html
- Are you getting OFLA’s regular listserv updates? Via the listserv, people receive regular updates from JNCL, OFLA Board members and teachers from around the state who share news and ideas.
- OFLA has a Facebook page that is continually updated with news! Once you are a member of Facebook, follow the link below to “like” our page in order to receive the updates in your newsfeed: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Foreign-Language-Association-OFLA/133772903332973?fref=ts
- Are you a Twitter fan? OFLA tweets: https://twitter.com/OFLA1
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any news you would like to have disseminated and/or advocacy concerns!