Sarah Shackelford, Advocacy Chair
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope that you will have a rewarding and productive second half of the school year, and that you will remember to:
- Be the best teacher that you can possibly be! Positive language experiences (and thus, positive public relations/program promotion) are built first and foremost inside the classroom.
- Take advantage of professional development and networking opportunities in this time of critical changes for our profession! New state standards and a new teacher evaluation system mandate our full attention and teamwork.
- Have you registered yet for Central States 2013 in Columbus? This link puts online registration and hotel reservations at your fingertips and provides a wealth of information about the numerous sessions, workshops, and events that you won’t want to miss: http://www.csctfl.org/conferences/2013conference.html
- Are you getting OFLA’s regular listserv updates? Via the listserv, people receive regular updates from JNCL, OFLA Board members and teachers from around the state who share news and ideas.
Join here: http://www.ofla-online.org/index.php/ofla-listserv
- OFLA has a Facebook page that is continually updated with news! Once you are a member of Facebook, follow the link below to “like” our page in order to receive the updates in your newsfeed: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Foreign-Language-Association-OFLA/133772903332973?fref=ts
- Are you a Twitter fan? OFLA tweets: https://twitter.com/OFLA1
Please contact me at email@example.com with any news you would like to have disseminated and/or advocacy concerns!